Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Bergen Gets an Idea...



So I guess I am going to back the train up a little bit and tell you about something we did last August. I know this will mess up the order of my posts, but just bear with me here.

So, it was a Friday night, and we were doing the usual weekend thing...sitting home on the couch by ourselves. Tony says, "What do you want to do?" And I respond, "I don't know, what do you want to do?" And it continues on until about 10:00 PM when we then decide to watch the news, Sports Center, and then hit the sack. Exciting eh? So one Friday night I had had enough of that. I got to thinking and had an epiphany whilst sitting in the water closet. (Don’t most of you do your best thinking there???) I decided...WE WERE GOING TO THE ZOO!!! So Saturday morning we got up, got all ready and headed up to Salt Lake to go to the infamous Hogle Zoo. I hadn't been there since fifth grade, and I soon found out why. When we got there, we got out of the car and were immediately surrounded by families with little kids and strollers and coolers. Not a single soul our age was in the vicinity. Oh well, what the heck, we were going to go and have fun. So we went. We never did see anyone our age the whole time, but we did run into Dana Petersen (Kent Petersen's sister) who was there with her kids, and she took a picture of us. So we do have this picture.




Other than that I just took pictures of animals. And at one point we came across this gorilla figure and decided we had better try and stand like gorillas. Ya, pretty cute I know.

So, after all, it really wasn't that exciting of a day - it was quite a juvenile activity actually, but at least we did something and got out of the house and inhaled some fresh air. I'll think of something better for next time, or better yet how about you come down and keep us company!!!

6 comments:

Emily T. said...

Hello Bergen!!! Happy Birthdays! Happy Anniversary! Happy Zoo Trip! I enjoyed reading all your posts. You're too funny. It was good to get an update, and I really hope you are doing okay & feeling okay. Do you still have your same cell #? I really need to call you and someday we will meet up. K.

Unknown said...

Bergs! I'm so glad you updated. So we really need to get together and chat. Looks like you guys have had an eventful past couple of months. Oh and get this... Tyler's favorite cake is with rainbow chip frosting too!! I've always told him he is such a little kid. He likes chocolate cake with it though. It cracks me up that Tony's favorite is that too. I hope you are feeling better.

Chambers Clan said...

It's good to hear from you! You are too funny about the whole zoo experience. I chalk those up as memories right? Hope things are going well. You guys make such a cute couple - even 4 years later!!

OccupyThis said...

Bergen,
I heard (from Stick) that you weren't doing too well and were in and out of the hospital. Sorry to hear that, and I hope you are feeling better. I can't believe I'm a dad either! Crazy how time flies. She is so fun and cute - I just wish I could spend more time with her. School is kicking my trash right now (reminds me of BIOL 1210 a little bit!), so I hope I'll make it through. Here is our address:

109 Orchard Crossing
Morgantown, WV 26505

Anyway, sorry to hear about your health and hospital stays. We both hope that you start feeling better.
DEVIN & MELANIE D

Jeff and Kellie said...

so fun. i love the zoo. i love all your cute pics

Chelsea said...

Juvenile? Oops...I love the zoo. We have one just a few miles from our house and we go there all the time. We have a year membership. Elliot still isn't that interested in the animals (cuz most just sit there) but it gets us out in the open air and exercising. HOORAY FOR THE ZOO to fill a boring day!