Friday, October 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Tony!!!


-->
-->
-->
-->
-->
-->
-->
*** NOTE: I HATE THIS PROGRAM!!! I can't get it to do what I want, therefore my post is all screwed up. So take it for what it's worth. It looks ridiculous but I have been working on it for 2 hours and I am DONE!
Shalom bambinos! - Welcome back to the exciting life of Tony and Bergen! It has been a while...







-->
Here it goes...

So it was Tony's birthday on the 1st of this
month. He officially turned 27! What an old man... ;o) To commemorate the occasion, we went to dinner with Chuck, Debbie (Juelch) and their kids, as well as my mom and Adrian. Aunt Sue couldn't make it because she had something previously planned. We missed her, but no worries; good times were still had by all. Tony got to designate where we would be eating, and he appointed Red Robin as the place to dine, just like we did last year. He gets a free burger coupon emailed to him for his birthday every year, so that may have done a little bit of coaxing. It is very feasible that this will become an annual thing for Tony's birthday - a big shindig at the Red Robin.




-->
Here is the whole clan at the table...










-->
Tony & I in front of the fountain where we always take our picture. Oh...presh









-->
Tony's present was a big deal and I had to get him out of the house for a couple of hours to put it all together. Tony & Jose were already planning on going to the BYU football game, so it was perfect. They both had their respective college gear on and off they went to the game after dinner. While they were gone, my mom, me, & Shannon all worked together to get it done.




-->
I know...you are thinking to yourself…
-->
"What is this wonderfully fantastic present that Bergen has put together so secretly for Tony???"
Well I will tell you my friends...


-->
I thought long and hard about what I could do that would be a big surprise and he would love. I thought and thought and finally came up with it after hours of meditation and different holistic rituals.......It had come to me!!! I could put together the "Sports Room" that we have been planning on doing for forever! You see, over the years, we have compiled quite the collection of different sport memorabilia. We had masses of banners, figurines, signs, posters, etc. So the 3 of us (Me, my mom, and Shannon) planned it out and got everything framed, assembled, hung up on the wall and put up on shelves. We got done just in time. They got home and we were ready for action. I put the cake (I had made Tony's favorite cake - Rainbow Chip) and also some balloons in the room.


-->
The door was shut...he walked in...and as you can tell he was pretty surprised (I think). (And no, Shannon is not overcome with emotion, she is just rubbing her eye...)



-->
Now hold on, don't get your panties in a ruffle. I know you want to see what he is "oohing and awing" over...that comes next...it is the fun part...


-->
-->
-->
-->
-->
-->
DRUM ROLL PLEASE.............................

















-->
-->
-->
-->
-->
-->
And here are the walls!!!...










-->
On this wall, there are some MacFarlanes on the shelf...Barry Zito, Dwyane Wade, Jordan & Jordan. Below in the frame are some Bulls Luol Deng collector stamps.









-->
This is the "A's" wall...with a street sign and a banner. The autograph is from Bob Feller who really has nothing to do with the A's except for that I got the autograph at an A's game! So I guess this is an "A's / Indians" wall. ;o)










-->
Here is a closeup of the Bob Feller autograph...










-->
This is another shelf that is up a little bit higher on the wall. The MacFarlanes are Jordan, Jordan, Shaq & Dwyane Wade. The framed collectors stamps are of Shaq & Dwyane Wade also.








-->
These are a few things on top of the dresser. There is a Shaq MacFarlane, a Dwyane Wade jersey card, an autographed baseball, and Dwyane Wade (in box) & Jordan figurines.








-->And the best wall of all...His MJ "Wings" poster! (Stick, I know where you live...) I got it out from the closet and had it framed!!! Finally! Then under it, there is a Chicago Bulls street sign as well as a framed & numbered picture of Michael Jordan winning the 1988 Slam Dunk contest.


-->
Personally I think I can give myself a pat on the back for Tony's birthday present this year. I think that it turned out pretty dang good and he didn't have any idea, which was the best part!

Thank you all for sharing this exciting event with us. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to email Tony. Thanks.


5 comments:

Christina said...

What a great idea Bergen! I bet he was thrilled. Wish Tony a Happy Belated Birthday for me and my fam.

Unknown said...

Way to go Bergen! I bet he loved it! What a great idea!

Melissa Hernandez said...

You are such a good wife. Shannon told me it turned out great, that picture really does look like she is overcome with emotion-LOL!

Ali said...

Hey Bergen, Happy Birthday Tony! Just thinking about you and finally looking at blogs again after like 6 months. (I'm a little behind...)anyway, hope you're doing well.

Unknown said...

You're a really nice wife, I don't think I would ever agree to a sports room. I did let Winston put a transformer in the loft though!